The benefits of working at RACQ
There are so many reasons why you should consider joining our state-wide team. As well as providing a variety of roles around Queensland, we offer great development and work life balance opportunities for our staff.
Financial Benefits & Discounts:
All employees receive free RACQ Roadside membership when they commence employment which is renewed annually.
- RACQ ‘Plus Care’ membership, RACQ ‘Ultra Care’ membership and RACQ Insurance discounts are available to employees and their family.
- RACQ ‘Ultimate’ membership discounts are available to employees.
- RACQ product discounts.
- Staff discounts on white, household and electrical goods, photography equipment and jewellery from various organisations.
- Travel discounts booked through RACQ Travel Services.
- Discounted tickets for theme parks, attractions and stage shows.
- Special offers for staff by various external organisations.
- We currently contribute to our employee's Superannuation. Those who are members of the RACQ Superannuation Plan also have access to other benefits and discounts provided by AMP (our provider).
- Employees can make payments towards goods before tax. For example, a vehicle or voluntary superannuation contributions.
Programs & Initiatives
- We’re a big supporter of the Queensland community and our teams like to do their bit as well. Many of our staff use their community leave day to work with charitable organisations such as Guide Dogs QLD.
- Employees are able to participate in various events that RACQ are involved in, e.g. MotorFest, LifeFlight fundraising events.
- The RACQ Environmental Committee helps promote environmental initiatives within the workplace.
- We believe in recognising our employees for the great work they do. Through our recognition program employees can be rewarded with fun experiences such as hot-air ballooning, cooking classes, sailing lessons and more.
- The ‘Recommend a Friend’ program rewards employees for successfully referring suitable and talented job applicants to RACQ.
- The ‘Day in the Life’ program helps employees experience a typical ‘Day in the Life’ in varied roles across the organisation.
- RACQ’s in-house training and development teams provide ongoing training and development for employees through face-to-face and e-learning programs.
- We offer MBF Corporate Health discounts and benefits, flu vaccinations as well as annual health checks.
- RACQ offers a comprehensive health and wellbeing program, with activities such as yoga, group fitness and 10,000 steps challenges at subsidised prices.
- Employees are able to request flexible work arrangements such as agreed start and finish times.
- After 12 months of service eligible employees are able to access 12 weeks paid parental leave.
- RACQ’s Purchase Leave program allows eligible employees to buy up to an additional 4 weeks annual leave each year.
- Our head office at Eight Mile Plains has on-site parking and convenient amenities such as a café, ATM and a dry cleaning service.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential and free service that allows employees and their family members access to a number of specialist counsellors that can offer support.
We support the continued development of our employees. We do this by offering:
- Training and development - our in-house development team delivers training programs both face-to-face and e-learning programs.
- ‘Day in the Life’ program – you can experience a ‘Day in the Life’ in varied roles across the organisation. For example, if you work in the office you might want to spend a day out on patrol helping our members get back on the road.
We believe in recognising our employees for the great work they do.
Employees can earn points by being nominated by peers or management. These can be redeemed for fun activities such as hot-air ballooning, cooking classes, sailing lessons and more.
Our sales-based employees can earn cash or prizes for reaching nominated performance targets.