Our Returner Program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended career break.
We appreciate it can be difficult to find an opportunity that allows you to pick up where you left off or build on your existing skills. As part of our Returner Program, we will help you navigate your re-entry into the workplace and provide tailored one-on-one coaching to assist your transition.
Our Program provides eligible applicants with access to support and training during the first 20 weeks of employment. After a thorough induction, you’ll work closely with your colleagues on projects that match your skills and experience.
We have a variety of flexible working arrangements within our teams, so please talk to us about what flexibility would work for you.
Applications are always open. We are currently offering opportunities in the following area:
- Technology Division - diverse opportunities across Business Analysis, Project and Program Management, Development and Operations (DevOps), Architecture, Security and Infrastructure.
- One-on-one coaching from acceptance of the role, for the first 20 weeks of employment
- A thorough induction to brush up on any skills or development areas you require
- Access to support and training during the first 20 weeks of employment and ongoing training following this as part of Macquarie’s Learning and Development Program
- A buddy from within your business area
- Exposure to senior managers across the Group through various networking opportunities
- Events and additional support from the Family and Carers Employee Network Group (if applicable).
Be seeking to return to work following a voluntary professional career break of at least 2 years.
Have previous work experience with the relevant skills or transferable skills for the business groups and vacancies available.
Have excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
Be highly motivated and able to contribute to the core activities of our business.
What you can expect
As part of the interview process, you will be partnered with a dedicated recruiter who has in-depth knowledge of the business area you have applied to. The recruiter will be your main point of contact throughout the process and will guide you through each stage.
Our Returner Program starts before your first day with us. On receiving a job offer, you will be invited to start your one-on-one coaching program. Your coaching will be tailored to you, as we appreciate everyone has different requirements. We’ll also arrange for you to meet with your buddy so you can feel connected from day one.
What we offer
We invest in our people around the globe. At Macquarie, we offer you access to a range of opportunities to help you succeed.
You’ll have access to a range of benefits and initiatives designed to support you in optimising your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing through Macquarie Plus, our holistic wellbeing program designed to empower you to become your best possible self – both at work and at home.
Macquarie aims to facilitate flexible working arrangements where possible to support our people in achieving their career and personal goals. Because we recognise that working flexibly means different things to different people, flexible working exists across Macquarie in many forms, and we encourage you to discuss what flexibility might look like for you.