Our selection process has a number of stages to give you the chance to learn about us, as well as helping us learn about you.
Deloitte is committed to delivering a consistent and timely process for all candidates throughout the recruitment and selection experience. Due to the diversity of our business the process and timing for some Service lines may vary. Your recruitment manager will communicate a more detailed process relevant to the particular role you have applied for.
Your online application will be reviewed by the relevant recruitment team member sourcing for the role. They will assess your skills and experience to determine your match to the key selection criteria. The job advertisement will give you a clear understanding of the requirements for the role.
In most circumstances a member of the recruitment team will be in contact within 7 days of receiving your application. In periods of high volumes this may take longer.
Our interviews are competency based and are conducted by experienced interviewers:
- The first interview will generally be a phone screen with a member of the Recruitment team. This is also your opportunity to ask any questions about the role and the firm.
- This is generally followed by interviews with the service line you are applying for. The number of interviews varies from service line to service line.
- The final stage will be a more in-depth interview and discussion regarding your technical and motivational fit for the role, team and firm. This will be with a Partner from the service line you may be joining.
# For international candidates we conduct interviews via video (live and pre-recorded), VC and Phone
Online or face to face, conducted as soon as practically possible dependent on the candidate's availability
As soon as practically possible, based on Partner and candidate availability.
Testing (If applicable)
For some roles we may require you to complete either psychometric or skills based tests or case study depending on the role and Service line.
Online or face to face as required, within two weeks.
Following the interview process if we are wishing to progress to the final stage of an employment offer pre-employment checks are conducted. These include employment references and work rights checking via DIBP.
Following finalisation of the interview process.
Following pre-employment screening and offer approval:
- A verbal offer will be made by the recruitment representative.
- This is followed by a written offer that is accessible via a confidential online and onboarding candidate portal.
- This portal allows you to access details of the offer and employment conditions
Once offer has been approved.
In addition to the online offer and online on-boarding tool, you will also have access to a member of the recruitment team and a member of the service line you are joining.
Determined by the availability of the successful candidate.